(Posts 701 - 723 of 723)
25 26 27 28

The Island: Castaway 2 Comments

The Island: Castaway 2

Discover the story about little deeds that change the world!

More info
Trophies: 105 / 422
Recruit
+4
03.05.2014 21:54:13
“ kaleeper writes: I hate to say it, but AWEM has lost me as a customer forever.  The silence faithful customers have received about The Island 3 on PC is just a slap in the face.  Very discourteous and dismissive.  So long and thanks for the 1st 2 versions - loved them but I can't take being treated like a 2nd class citizen.  Or even worse...

I'm not going quite that far, but the next game I buy from AWEM will be TIC3, so if they they don't produce it, I don't buy it, or any other game from them. It's one thing to continually push us back on the game, but to totally ignore us this is unacceptable
Trophies: 422 / 422
Guru
+4
05.05.2014 12:41:31

Image2 Year's, no PC game since. Neither TIC3 nor The Shade Effect nor any Partner's Game Available...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Correction:- TIC3(The Crux of the Island Maybe !?) Which was to be released 'soon'.

Guru
+4
26.05.2014 16:28:59
I hate to say it, but I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication from AWEM about TIC3. The last thing they told me was that it would be released after the first of this year. That was last year, either late summer or early fall. TIC3 for the PC had been slated for the first of last year, but it was pushed back when they decided to release the game for the iPad and other tablets first. Unfortunately, that version suffered from delays that pushed back the release for those devices quite a long time. Naturally, since TIC3 for the PC was delayed until the iPad, etc. version was released, that pushed the PC version back even further. Now, here it is almost June of this year and we haven't heard anything more about TIC3 for the PC in a very, very long time.

Nilova and Berezko used to be quite active on this board and on the board of the first game, if I remember correctly, but that seems to have pretty much stopped for some reason. I am all for giving developers the time they need to make really great, bug-free games. That is especially true for companies like AWEM who have produced some outstanding games, not to mention treating their customers much better than most if not all of the other developers. But, and this is a big but, communication is crucial in keeping your customers happy, especially during a time of continued delays. Happy customers tend to be loyal customers, ones that continue to buy your games year after year.

As I've said in other posts, I have had this type of thing happen to me before. I was assured over and over again that a game would be released soon, but eventually the assurances stopped, along with the communication. That game never did get released, and all of the loyal fans of that series were left hanging, waiting for the 4th installment that never came. I have never bought another game from that company, and I never will. They made their choice to blow off their loyal customers, and many of those same loyal customers decided to blow them off in return—by never buying another one of their games. I am not saying that this will happen with AWEM and The Island Castaway 3 (TIC3). I am just saying that honest communication is so important. AWEM used to give us that, but now it seems that they would rather not say anything—even though they continue to bring out games for the iPad and other tablets. I hate that TIC3 for the PC has been delayed so many times, but I hate the lack of communication about the game almost as much as I hate how long it's been since the 2nd game in this series came out.

To be honest, I am really, really worried that AWEM has decided to make the switch over to only producing games for the iPad/tablet market, leaving PC players out in the cold. I know that the iPad/tablet market can be very profitable for companies, but I don't know if it is profitable enough to give up on the PC market entirely. All I know for sure it that I truly hope it's not.  I love this series and I would hate it if we never get the 3rd installment, and the 4th, 5th, 6th—well, you get the idea.Image Anyway, Nilova or Berezko, if you're out there reading this, PLEASE drop in and let us know what's going on with the game, even if it's just to say that you're having trouble getting it finished or whatever. Anything is better than nothing. As loyal customers, and fans of the series, I think we deserve that much, don't you?
Trophies: 382 / 422
Master
+3
26.05.2014 18:20:04
“ Game Player writes:
I hate to say it, but I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication from AWEM about TIC3. The last thing they told me was that it would be released after the first of this year. That was last year, either late summer or early fall. TIC3 for the PC had been slated for the first of last year, but it was pushed back when they decided to release the game for the iPad and other tablets first. Unfortunately, that version suffered from delays that pushed back the release for those devices quite a long time. Naturally, since TIC3 for the PC was delayed until the iPad, etc. version was released, that pushed the PC version back even further. Now, here it is almost June of this year and we haven't heard anything more about TIC3 for the PC in a very, very long time.

Nilova and Berezko used to be quite active on this board and on the board of the first game, if I remember correctly, but that seems to have pretty much stopped for some reason. I am all for giving developers the time they need to make really great, bug-free games. That is especially true for companies like AWEM who have produced some outstanding games, not to mention treating their customers much better than most if not all of the other developers. But, and this is a big but, communication is crucial in keeping your customers happy, especially during a time of continued delays. Happy customers tend to be loyal customers, ones that continue to buy your games year after year.

As I've said in other posts, I have had this type of thing happen to me before. I was assured over and over again that a game would be released soon, but eventually the assurances stopped, along with the communication. That game never did get released, and all of the loyal fans of that series were left hanging, waiting for the 4th installment that never came. I have never bought another game from that company, and I never will. They made their choice to blow off their loyal customers, and many of those same loyal customers decided to blow them off in return—by never buying another one of their games. I am not saying that this will happen with AWEM and The Island Castaway 3 (TIC3). I am just saying that honest communication is so important. AWEM used to give us that, but now it seems that they would rather not say anything—even though they continue to bring out games for the iPad and other tablets. I hate that TIC3 for the PC has been delayed so many times, but I hate the lack of communication about the game almost as much as I hate how long it's been since the 2nd game in this series came out.

To be honest, I am really, really worried that AWEM has decided to make the switch over to only producing games for the iPad/tablet market, leaving PC players out in the cold. I know that the iPad/tablet market can be very profitable for companies, but I don't know if it is profitable enough to give up on the PC market entirely. All I know for sure it that I truly hope it's not.  I love this series and I would hate it if we never get the 3rd installment, and the 4th, 5th, 6th—well, you get the idea.Image Anyway, Nilova or Berezko, if you're out there reading this, PLEASE drop in and let us know what's going on with the game, even if it's just to say that you're having trouble getting it finished or whatever. Anything is better than nothing. As loyal customers, and fans of the series, I think we deserve that much, don't you?

I did a search on the internet this morning....the game is out there....just not on Awem!  It's been out since Feb!
Guru
+3
26.05.2014 20:28:50
“ lferradino writes:
*snipped*

I did a search on the internet this morning....the game is out there....just not on Awem!  It's been out since Feb!

But, how is that possible? Why would another site have AWEM's game when they don't have it themselves? That's a lot of lost revenue, not to mention the fact that so many of us have been waiting for what seems like forever for the game to come out. Now I'm even more bummed with AWEM than before. I desperately need to get to bed, as I have to get up very, very early in the morning for work, but I will do a search right now to see if I can find the site that has it. Thanks for the heads up. Image

Edit: I just did a search, and I can't find a site with TIC3 available for sale. I did find a game with the same title, but it wasn't this game. I will try looking again tomorrow evening after I get home for work, assuming I'm not too exhausted. I want TIC3!! Image By the way, the game you saw was definitely The island castaway 3: The Crux of the Island, wasn't it? I know that they put out the iPad version of this game, though I don't know what they named it. I'm not doubting you. I just want to be sure it's the same game. When I searched, I came across a lot of sites that said they had #3, but it was just a trick to get you to go to their site. Websites do this all the time and it makes me so mad. grrrr
Trophies: 413 / 422
Master
+4
27.05.2014 13:36:31
Nilova said 11-01-2013: There will definitely be the next PC part but the date is not even on the horizon. The Island is a great game and I’m waiting for it as well. But it’s not a good thing to hurry the developer : )

I don’t think we hurry them but waiting almost 3 years for a sequel? Image

Well I believe what Nilova said and we will probably have to wait even longer and possibly a next generation will see te game in case we don’t  Image

or… buy an IPad. Use Google and search for 'the island castaway lost world'
Guru
+6
17.08.2014 20:20:10
Well, not to be critical, but after having watched the PC version get pushed back repeatedly, I don't have much faith in anything that's been said anymore. I decided to check out the page that gives info on the iPad version, and it seems weird that people who died in the second installment are alive at some point in the iPad version, though that could be to bring new people up to speed or something like that. I have no intention of buying an iPad to find out, and even if I do buy an iPad at some point in the future, I will NEVER play any of their games on it, no matter how bad I want to keep playing them. I refuse to reward them for kicking PC players aside without so much as an explanation. That is just rude of them, and the sad part is that they don't seem to care that PC players are ticked off. It's simply a matter of money. Of course, if the iPad well runs dry, you can count on the fact that they will come running back to the PC players with a new installment, though, by then, many of their fans will have moved on to companies that appear to care about the fans of their games—just like I thought Awem once did. Image

The real kicker for me is that according to their Facebook page, they announced the release of a fifth installment of the iPad version back in June. So, while we PC players still sit here waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and, well, you get the idea, they continue to crank out more installments of the iPad version. Awem originally said that making the iPad version ahead of the 3rd PC installment would make it so much quicker and easier to produce the 3rd PC installment, but it looks more like they have done exactly what many of us feared, which is drop their plans for a new PC installment altogether. The fact that they stopped posting to this forum a long time ago is in keeping with this.

I absolutely hate it when a company cuts their teeth on one platform and then abandons that fan base for a new, more lucrative platform. If not for the PC players, who knows how the iPad version would be doing right now. Of course, they still expect us to keep buying whatever products they decide to introduce for the PC, knowing full well that it will likely just be another springboard to build up interest in the game so they can shift it over to the iPad, just as they have done with some of their other popular PC games. I used to think that Awem was so different and better than all of the other gaming companies, but, sadly, they are showing themselves to be the same or worse. At least with some of the other companies, they are happy to get revenue from both sources rather than alienate one over the other like Awem is doing.

The decent thing to do would be to make one simple post saying that there will be no further PC installments of this game, but, of course, they aren't about to do that just in case in-game purchases of the iPad version drastically fall off, which frequently happens with the 'so-called' free-to-play games. People get sick and tired of being nickeled and dimed to death and they eventually quit playing. I know because I speak from experience. Oh well, that's just the way it goes these days. Companies don't care about their customers, just their wallets. I used to think that only the big companies could afford to think that way but it looks like the little companies can too, for a while at least. This flat out sucks! Image Image
Master
+5
18.08.2014 09:02:09
“ Game Player writes:
Well, not to be critical, but after having watched the PC version get pushed back repeatedly, I don't have much faith in anything that's been said anymore. I decided to check out the page that gives info on the iPad version, and it seems weird that people who died in the second installment are alive at some point in the iPad version, though that could be to bring new people up to speed or something like that. I have no intention of buying an iPad to find out, and even if I do buy an iPad at some point in the future, I will NEVER play any of their games on it, no matter how bad I want to keep playing them. I refuse to reward them for kicking PC players aside without so much as an explanation. That is just rude of them, and the sad part is that they don't seem to care that PC players are ticked off. It's simply a matter of money. Of course, if the iPad well runs dry, you can count on the fact that they will come running back to the PC players with a new installment, though, by then, many of their fans will have moved on to companies that appear to care about the fans of their games—just like I thought Awem once did. Image

The real kicker for me is that according to their Facebook page, they announced the release of a fifth installment of the iPad version back in June. So, while we PC players still sit here waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and, well, you get the idea, they continue to crank out more installments of the iPad version. Awem originally said that making the iPad version ahead of the 3rd PC installment would make it so much quicker and easier to produce the 3rd PC installment, but it looks more like they have done exactly what many of us feared, which is drop their plans for a new PC installment altogether. The fact that they stopped posting to this forum a long time ago is in keeping with this.

I absolutely hate it when a company cuts their teeth on one platform and then abandons that fan base for a new, more lucrative platform. If not for the PC players, who knows how the iPad version would be doing right now. Of course, they still expect us to keep buying whatever products they decide to introduce for the PC, knowing full well that it will likely just be another springboard to build up interest in the game so they can shift it over to the iPad, just as they have done with some of their other popular PC games. I used to think that Awem was so different and better than all of the other gaming companies, but, sadly, they are showing themselves to be the same or worse. At least with some of the other companies, they are happy to get revenue from both sources rather than alienate one over the other like Awem is doing.

The decent thing to do would be to make one simple post saying that there will be no further PC installments of this game, but, of course, they aren't about to do that just in case in-game purchases of the iPad version drastically fall off, which frequently happens with the 'so-called' free-to-play games. People get sick and tired of being nickeled and dimed to death and they eventually quit playing. I know because I speak from experience. Oh well, that's just the way it goes these days. Companies don't care about their customers, just their wallets. I used to think that only the big companies could afford to think that way but it looks like the little companies can too, for a while at least. This flat out sucks! Image Image

I fully agree

Master
+7
25.08.2014 10:29:12
“ Game Player writes:
lferradino writes:
*snipped*

But, how is that possible? Why would another site have AWEM's game when they don't have it themselves? That's a lot of lost revenue, not to mention the fact that so many of us have been waiting for what seems like forever for the game to come out. Now I'm even more bummed with AWEM than before. I desperately need to get to bed, as I have to get up very, very early in the morning for work, but I will do a search right now to see if I can find the site that has it. Thanks for the heads up. Image

Edit: I just did a search, and I can't find a site with TIC3 available for sale. I did find a game with the same title, but it wasn't this game. I will try looking again tomorrow evening after I get home for work, assuming I'm not too exhausted. I want TIC3!! Image By the way, the game you saw was definitely The island castaway 3: The Crux of the Island, wasn't it? I know that they put out the iPad version of this game, though I don't know what they named it. I'm not doubting you. I just want to be sure it's the same game. When I searched, I came across a lot of sites that said they had #3, but it was just a trick to get you to go to their site. Websites do this all the time and it makes me so mad. grrrr

Sorry about not coming back here sooner.  The new games is called 'The Island Castaway: Lost World' from G5 Entertainment (which apparently Awem is a part of ?? ).  It is a poor excuse of a game...in-app purchases are insane!  You collect pearls only to find that they are damn near worthless.  You need emeralds to purchase almost everything, and those cost real money!  The game play is still fun, but you get so ticked off by their greed to force you to by emeralds, that it really takes the fun out of the game.  It is free to download, tho. 
http://www.g5e.com/games/island_castawaypg_ipad

Trophies: 118 / 422
Recruit
24.10.2014 05:46:12
Are there any fixit patches available for The Island: Castaway 2, that will make it run better in Windows Vista?
Trophies: 0 / 422
12.03.2015 14:16:54
tanks for new game...
Trophies: 214 / 422
Resident
24.03.2015 09:56:16
i use coin. so they give me a key for this game. but how can i download this game by usin keyplease help
Trophies: 214 / 422
Resident
+1
02.04.2015 08:53:10
awesome game..wait for next part.... Image
Trophies: 183 / 422
Resident
+2
14.05.2015 12:18:13
Hello Guys Got An Official Confirmation From Awem Team on Facebook For The Island Castaway 3 for PC, Hope it Eases and keeps the hopes alive :)Awem Games Hello Prashant!

Thank you so much for your kind words about our games. We really appreciate it. 
Unfortunately at the moment work on the project 'Island castaway 3' was paused. We have focused our efforts on the development of Cradle of Empires and Letters from Nowhere: Hidden Object Mystery. 
But things may change. Please stay tuned! Thanks again!
Kind Regards,
Volha
Awem Team
+4
26.07.2015 15:54:18

Version: Full

Hand Up Pros:  Almost everything, except...

Hand Down Cons:  It's 2015 and still no TIC3. Come on...

Comment Comment: 

Trophies: 136 / 422
Resident
+1
14.08.2015 02:24:32
hey guys,I think never the island castaway3comes.I try to right the island castaway 3 with the island castaway 2graf.its not easy to programming island castaway 3.I must tell you the islamd castaway 3 has got 13chapters.Im trying to program the island castaway 3 like the islan castaway 2 & 1.but I now that I cant do it like awem studio.but I will do my best.island castaway 2 is for 2006,2007,2008.Image
04.09.2015 07:14:27
Imagedoes the game  have a virus ? 
Guru
+3
04.09.2015 18:39:53
“ oreo2002 writes:
Imagedoes the game  have a virus ? 

Probably not. Some games give false virus warnings. When you contact Awem, include the name and version of your anti-virus program. Also, even before you contact Awem, make sure your anti-virus program is up-to-date and you have downloaded the latest virus definitions.

As always, be careful about clicking on links in e-mails, don't fall for phishing, keep your anti-virus updated and your firewall in place. Let's be careful out there!
27.11.2015 20:55:21
How can I download this game? I can't find out the download button or link!
Trophies: 67 / 422
Recruit
+2
18.12.2015 09:01:05
Can we still hope for tic3...!?  Image 
+1
21.01.2016 04:15:33
how can I download the game?
+4
27.01.2016 05:14:56
I hope we can. 4 years have passed since the last game was released. This is very bad thing about awem.  How can they do so?  In this much time one can release 2,3 versions of a game 
Trophies: 361 / 422
Master
+5
01.02.2016 06:24:11
After a prolonged absence I thought I'd check in to see how the development of Castaway 3 was going.  After some eighteen months the same two games appear on the 'Coming Soon' page...my hopes weren't high.
I noticed ppatel2020's comment above from the Awem Facebook team from May-2015:
Unfortunately at the moment work on the project 'Island castaway 3' was paused. We have focused our efforts on the development of other games (sic)
Please allow me to correct your typos Awem:  'Unfortunately for you we lied and never really began work on 'Island Castaway 3' because we're now focusing our attention on ripping off our iPad customers through in-app purchases.  We sincerely hope you ditch your PC and join the Dark Side where we stand to make a lot more money by continuing to ignore our loyal customers who helped make us successful.'
(Posts 701 - 723 of 723)
25 26 27 28
Forum Rules