(Posts 276 - 300 of 332)
10 11
13 14

Letters from Nowhere 2 Comments

Letters from Nowhere 2

Confront the evil in Letters from Nowhere 2.

More info
Trophies: 418 / 422
Master
03.05.2012 13:20:10

“ Moira writes: Hello parodie, don't think so pessimistically. You can practice shooting in the extra galleries without stress and you will see that you are getting faster. Aviatrix' method is wonderful for shooting relaxed and this will boost your accuracy! Don't forget to collect all badges in the locations (=87 pieces). Keep on trying! Knock wood!!!

Hi Moira. That's not a pessimistical thinking but only looking realistic. In my age coordination of brain, eyes and at least nearly unuseable hands remains only hope and patience and both I do not loose. And sometimes i'm proud to come as far as i am. but of course I go on.
Trophies: 422 / 422
Guru
03.05.2012 13:41:57
Dear parodie,
I am too an elderly person and I understand......
Don't give up...you will do it! I am with you!!!!
Guru
03.05.2012 13:51:13
@castaway_addict: You may have played this in English but maybe in French? What is the Jack in the Box called in French? Jacques dans la boite? Image
Trophies: 396 / 422
Master
03.05.2012 14:41:20
Aha, Avi Image I am not very sure for the French translation. We don't often get a chance to see this kind of object in real life, and then, no need to name it !! Image Indeed, when I used the idiom in my posts, I did it after reading it in earlier posts (... I mean that, before reading these other posts, I had no idea how to name it, either in French or English)

I am quite sure Jack is 'diable' (= devil) in French. But not too sure for the rest. Maybe '... en boite'  ? (exact transposition from English)... or 'à ressort' ?? 'ressort' suggests that it bounces out of the box Image

EDIT 05/05/2012 : Just started over LFN1, in French. Indeed, the bonus is simply called 'Surprise' => same word, spelling and meaning in English and French Image
Guru
05.05.2012 20:38:51
Merci!
Master
06.05.2012 04:27:23
De rien, Avi' !  Image  ( ... you're welcome , for those who don't read French )
Trophies: 418 / 422
Master
09.05.2012 03:36:34
“ castaway_addict writes: Aha, Avi Image I am not very sure for the French translation. We don't often get a chance to see this kind of object in real life, and then, no need to name it !! Image Indeed, when I used the idiom in my posts, I did it after reading it in earlier posts (... I mean that, before reading these other posts, I had no idea how to name it, either in French or English)

I am quite sure Jack is 'diable' (= devil) in French. But not too sure for the rest. Maybe '... en boite'  ? (exact transposition from English)... or 'à ressort' ?? 'ressort' suggests that it bounces out of the box Image

EDIT 05/05/2012 : Just started over LFN1, in French. Indeed, the bonus is simply called 'Surprise' => same word, spelling and meaning in English and French Image

Hello.I know it's already late but I found to translations for Jack in the box. You were correct with either  diable en boite or boite à surprise
Trophies: 0 / 422
30.05.2012 01:16:41
I am having trouble with the last 2 stamps.  One is playing a location under a minute and the other is completing LFN original.  I have done both of these, but I did not receive a stamp.  I checked to make sure I had the same user name in LFN as LFN2, spelled the same, capitalized the same, everything is the same, but no stamp,  I played 1 location multiple times thinking 59 sec maybe didn't count, got down to 56- still no stamp! What am I doing wrong?
Master
30.05.2012 06:47:24
Hi Purrdoc, for the 'location in less than a minute', you have to do it in 'Adventure mode'. When I first tried to get this stamp, I scored 'best times' in unlimited mode, and I did not get the stamp. Maybe this is what happens to you, too.

In case you have finished the adventure already, you should try to start a new one from the beginning. If I'm right, with  LFN2, when you keep your profile and click 'Play' after completing the 'Adventure' already, you keep all the bonuses and trophies you earned already, and restart from the beginning. Then, choose 'unlimited mode' and practice a location that you feel comfortable with. And when you almost know by heart where every item are located, go back to Adventure, and play that same location. And you should get the stamp.

For the other stamp, I don't know what you should do !? I was not too sure I would get it, as I had completed LFN2, before completing LFN 1 Image And yet I got it... Really don't know how it works... Moreover, I think my usernames were different ! Image

Hope someone will be more helpful with this other stamp.
31.05.2012 00:54:47
Thanks, Castaway.  I went back to Adventure mode, but, since it doesn't have a timer visible, I didn't think that was what they wanted.  I will play another one and just time myself, I guess.  I have already restarted a new game- I had to for the 'play the first episode with all the bonuses' stamp.  LFN2 doesn't have the stamp names under them (you have to touch them to see what they are), so I didn't know that one when I started.  I did LFN 1 first, so I don't know how to get that stamp.  Maybe I will re-enter my user name or something, play with it a bit that way.Thanks for your help.  Any one else with input is appreciated as well!
Master
31.05.2012 07:15:39
Purrdoc wrote : (...) I went back to Adventure mode, but, since it doesn't have a timer visible, I didn't think that was what they wanted.  I will play another one and just time myself, I guess.

Glad I could help, Purrdoc ! I hope this will work this time.... Personally, my fav' location is 'dormitory' : I definitely know it by heart. And most important, first practice the chosen location in 'unlimited mode'. And then, you'll see, it'll be quite easy to get the stamp.

Another trick that I personally use... when I have completed a game already, and I still need to earn some trophies, I create one or more new player(s), with new username(s), and emphasize on one or another of the missing trophies. Then, as long as the trophy you earn is missing on your trophy board (on Awem's website), even if you earned only this one with this new username, when you click 'post trophies to Awem's website', then check the website, you will see the trophy has been credited to your trophy board, and the trophies earned under other usernames are still valid.
Master
31.05.2012 07:26:53
... regarding the 'complete original LFN' stamp, is it possible that you had a problem with your computer between LFN1 and LFN2 (computer that crashed, for instance) Or did you uninstall LFN1 after completing it ?...

In case you're on Win 7, you should check if the directory with your saved profile (for LFN1) is still present. The path is =>
C:\ Users \ [name given to your computer'> \ AppData \ Roaming \ Awem \ LettersFromNowhere

(by default, AppData is hidden. So you may need, first, to change the settings in  Tools / Directory Options / Display...)  In case the directory is missing, this would explain why you can't get the stamp. coz' this would mean the computer can't remember you played the game, and completed the adventure.
Guru
31.05.2012 10:01:56
Since you have verified that the profile names in both games are the same, go into LFN1 and using the profile that has all of the completed stamps, enter the trophy room.  Take a quick look and make sure that every stamp is filled in (just a quick check).  And even though you may have already done this, go ahead and repost all of your trophies.

Now, close out LFN1 and open LFN2.  Choose the profile with the same name as LFN1 then press PLAY.  Then go ahead and proceed to Chapter 1 as though you are going to play the game again. Start playing the scene and see if you get the message 'stamp for completing the original game has been updated' (or words like that).

01.06.2012 23:33:37
Sorry, but how do you post trophies? This website is not showing that I have any trophies from either game.  I have not changed computers, crashed, or had any issues between games.
Master
02.06.2012 03:40:21
First, you can post your trophies only if you bought the games from here (awem.com)

Then, when you are in the trophy room (in the game), there is a link  'publish to awem.com'  (or sthg like that). Obviously, make sure you are connected to the internet. Then click the link, then key in the ID you used to create your account here, eg. login = Purrdoc + your password
02.06.2012 18:35:10
Ah, maybe that is part of the problem.  I didn't buy them from here, I only found this site later when I was trying to find out how to figure this out.  I was wondering if that was an issue with posting and linking the stamps.
03.06.2012 03:10:45
I just tried to add a second player name to LFN1 to see if that made a difference and it wouldn't let me add another player, even with a completely different name.  Anyone else have this problem, or do I just seem to be the really lucky one right now?
Master
03.06.2012 03:23:23
Hi Purrdoc, what happens to you sounds really strange Image  I double-checked right now, and I could create a 2nd profile very easily. When, in the process, do you have the problem ?
*  on the title page, when you want to click 'Not you ?' ...
*  on the profile page, when you want to click 'New' ? ...
*  or after creating the new name, when you want to click 'OK' ? ...

Maybe you should try to uninstall, then re-install the game (and you won't lose your saved profile, don't worry !). Even if you bought it from another website (Big Fish or any other) , most of them gives you the possibility to re-download the games you bought already, if, for instance, they crashed... That happened to me yesterday, with a game I had bought a few minutes earlier Image Luckily, after the 2nd download, everything was perfect !!  Hope you'll figure out.
Guru
03.06.2012 07:42:12
Hi Purrdoc.  Check the versions you have for each of these games.  You can locate the version number on the main screen, in the game title box, in the lower right corner.  The current version number for LFN1 is 1.2.0 and for LFN2 it's 1.3.1 (for Windows).

I suggest you contact support@awem.com.  Even though you didn't purchase the game from them, they will assist you with a game problem such as this.  And even though you can't post your trophies to the website, they can also assist with the LFN1 completion stamp not updating in the LFN2 game, which I believe is a version problem.
11.06.2012 13:35:08
Thanks (sorry for the late reply, I was away for a bit).  I was afraid to try the un-install, reinstall thing because I thought I might lose my trophies.  I will try that and see what happens.  I am on a Mac.  It allowed me to get to the point of typing in a new name, but wouldn't let me type. In other words, the box and line came up, but I couldn't add the name.  I will try the uninstall, reinstall and see.
Thanks!
11.06.2012 13:43:47
OK, tried it. No such luck.  Now, I am starting to feel really silly about all of this for a stamp!!  But, I want to see how I can get all of this to connect, because I am considering buying more games from Awem.  I will contact their CS. Thanks, all!
26.06.2012 14:29:11

Hallo wie bekomme ich die Briefmarke '500'000 Punkte an einem Ort? 
26.06.2012 14:35:46
Brauche noch die letzte Briefmarke 'Orginalspiel Letters from... 2'. Kann mir jemand helfen?
Guru
+1
26.06.2012 15:26:29
Hi,
geh in den unlimited mode und dann suchst du dir eine lokation, die dir taugt.
Übe, bis du jeden Klick auswendig kannst. Dann nutze deine Joker, jeder gibt dir 10000 Punkte extra, klicke nicht daneben und du hast die 500.000 Punkte.
Viel Glück!!!!!!

Trophies: 35 / 422
27.06.2012 13:50:53

Version: Full

Hand Up Pros:  Unlimited play, and just when you think your done, you find out that's not all.

Hand Down Cons:  Free/demo doesn't do the full game justice. mainly because the audience isn't informed that if they buy it they will get to hear the people talk, and such.

Comment Comment: 

(Posts 276 - 300 of 332)
10 11
13 14
Forum Rules